In honor of the season finale of one of my new favorite shows, “New Girl,” I had to post a few of my favoirte clips that I hope will brighten your day as much as it did mine. 🙂
BOYS AND PAIN
Now, I’m not trying to promote Drinking Games and don’t really play them anymore, but after that episode I just had to look up how to play this game. If you can understand it, then you are one step ahead of me.
New Girl: How to Play the True American Drinking Game
- Someone yells “1, 2, 3, 4 JFK”. Everyone else yells “FDR”, drinks, and gets off the floor. The floor is now lava. Stepping into it causes you to lose. You can start at the beginning of the Zone you are in, or choose to sit out. If you choose to sit out, you start over from Zone 1 if you decide to rejoin.If everyone is standing, no one is drinking or moving, the player who is next to chant may chant the name of 2 presidents. If you know something in common between the 2, you may chant it back and drink ( an example would be chanting “Abe Lincoln, George Washington” and having everyone yell back “Cherry tree”. Anyone who yelled back can now drink ). If you don’t know anything in common, you don’t get to drink. The chanter always drinks.
- Players can also chant “1, 2, 3”. If this happens, do the number selection again. If your number is alone, you get to drink and move forward. If your number has partners, you don’t drink or move.
- The third option is chanting “JFK” and everyone else chants “FDR” and drinks. No moving forward, unless you finish your drink. You also get to move forward when you finish your drink.
- Empty cans are all tossed to the same Zone. This is to keep the area somewhat clean. If someone throws a can into the wrong Zone, go back to the beginning of the Zone that player is in. You can use a bin as a target. Cans do NOT have to go in.
- If you reach the King, you have to take a drink from the King to win. If you can’t, go back to the beginning of your Zone.
- If you don’t know presidents well, you can any two things. If you move or drink when you’re not supposed to, you go back to the beginning of the Zone you’re in.
Players are encouraged to lie to each other. Good luck and have fun.